This delightful, historic and well-appointed facility is available for booking now. Please see the colour photos throughout this brochure, showing the hall and its amenities. The new name for the hall reflects the support received from room the community in its restoration (especially The City of Casey and The Settlement Cranbourne – John and Mary Finning), and a desire that it should become ‘home’ to numbers of community groups
27 Childers St Cranbourne.
The hall is a separate building, adjacent to the St John’s Church and the Bishop John Wilson Education Centre on the corner of Childers and Russell Streets, Central Cranbourne.
The location is opposite the Cranbourne Primary School and two blocks from Centro and the bus station
What the hall offers
- A medium sized hall (11m x 8m, seating up to 120 in rows and 64 at tables)
- Brand new bathrooms (male, female and disabled)
- A brand-new well-equipped kitchen with servery to the hall
- Tables and chairs, crockery and cutlery
- Locked assigned user storage space
- Disabled access
- Ample adjacent sealed carpark with lighting
The schedule of charges is at the bottom of this page, covering both the Community Hall and the spaces within the Bishop John Wilson Education Centre.The hall rates have been struck to attract major regular community users: short, occasional and for-profit bookings are more expensive. This is intended to see the hall bring maximum benefit to the whole community.
Requirements of Users
- To leave the premises as found, and with all lights and appliances off, and all doors and windows locke
- To conform to booking time
- To pay usage charges on time
- To take good care of the facility for the benefit of all